Related Projects (other platforms)
It seems that Password Safe inspired a few
folks to write their own variations, mainly to support other platforms.
Here are a few that I'm aware of. Notes: (1) I have not tested these
personally. (2) You might want to check what version of the database
these programs support, pre-2.0, 2.0 or 3.0.
- Jim Foley has made a free playbook version available from Blackberry App World.
(This app is a straight port of Jeff Harris' android app, ported and published with his permission).
- Paul McIntyre has released a pure-Python library that can read and
write Password Safe v3 files under the GPLv2. The code can be
accessed at https://github.com/ronys/pypwsafe.
- App77 provides pwSafe, an open source Password Safe port for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. It
has DropBox and iCloud sync support. App Store link. Official
- App77 also provides a version of pwSafe for the Mac. This versions syncs with the iOS version of pwSafe via iCloud.
Mac App Store Link.
Official website: http://app77.com/pwSafeMac/
- Dropsafe is another
PasswordSafe-compatible product made for
the iOS platform (iPhone,
iPad, iPod) and used in conjunction with Dropbox, written
by Smith Surasmith and available in iTunes
at this link.
- Jeff Harris has written an Android port
of PasswordSafe that has received good reviews. The app can be
from here. The Sourceforge project
Fr. Nordhaug has implemented a small php script that converts a JSON
file exported from Clipperz to a XML file that can be imported by
Password Safe. The project
- An implementation of PasswordSafe in Java is being hosted on SourceForge as the Java PasswordSafe project.
- Loxodo is a 'Password Safe V3 compatible Password Vault' by Cristoph Sommer, implemented in Python.
- A PasswordSafe
reader for Windows
Mobile has been written
- A PasswordSafe v3 command-line utility. by Michael Bacarella,
written in Objective Caml
- cliPSafe - a
Command Line Interface to Password Safe by Ross Palmer Mohn, written
in Perl, supports version 3 databases
- Mashed Life have created
a version of
PasswordSafe that integrates with their service
password database pwsafe is a unix command line program that
manages encrypted password databases
A Linux version that uses Qt for the graphical user interface.
- Password Gorilla
A Tcl/TK Password Safe clone that runs on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X,
and most flavors of Unix, including Linux and Solaris (note that it
requires Tcl/TK to
- Shufeng Tan has
written a Crypt::Pwsafe
perl module that provides read-only access to Password Safe V3 data
- Although not strictly a
a link on running Password Safe on Linux under
- Svante Seleborg has written a C# reader for Password Safe version 3 databases
| Need Help?
| RSS feeds
This site is kept W3C-conformant by Karel Van der Gucht (karel<at>vandergucht.de)